- Enhance trade and investment between the United States and Pakistan and promote the bilateral economic and business relationship at the highest levels of leadership in both countries.
- Provide members access to senior U.S. and Pakistan government and business leaders, deliver timely information, and facilitate member input in policy formation.
Goals and Priorities
- Promote a competitive Pakistani market through enhancing the country’s investment climate and regulatory environment.
- Strengthen intellectual property rights protection and enforcement in Pakistan.
- Advocate for a structured forum for the private sector to provide input on economic and commercial issues in the U.S.-Pakistan Strategic Dialogue.
- Increase attention among members of Congress and congressional staff on broader U.S.-Pakistan economic and commercial relations.
- Enhance cooperation with key organizations in both countries to ensure cohesive and coordinated strategies in promoting U.S. private sector interests in Pakistan.
The U.S. Chamber’s U.S.-Pakistan Business Council furthers its mission and members’ policy goals through an extensive schedule of programs, frequent outreach to Pakistani and U.S. government officials, and publications.
The USPBC maintains close relationships with leading business organizations in Pakistan, including the American Business Council of Pakistan (ABC) and the American Business Forum (ABF). Council officials conduct policy missions to Pakistan to promote members’ priorities in meetings with senior Pakistani government officials and business leaders.
Forums with Government and Business Leaders
The USPBC organizes business forums and events with senior Pakistani and U.S. government officials to facilitate business-government dialogue. Members exchange views on policy priorities and discuss strategies to advance shared goals in Pakistan and the United States.